You will observe and analyze one participatory planning event in the Phoenix region during the class. A list of potential activities will be posted and regularly updated on the Course Information page on Blackboard. You are welcome to participate in unlisted activities but are encouraged to consult with Paul first to ensure that it meets the definition of public participation in planning. Plan on taking detailed notes during the event on the types of actors present and their involvement. Pay attention to who the decision-makers are and how they respond to participants’ input, as well as what the outcomes of the activity are and how the information will be used. You will write a short reflection on the event that you observed. Describe the event, including the broader planning process the activity supports, the dynamics among the participants, the specific techniques used and their strengths and weaknesses, and the outcomes, if any. Next, address what you found most surprising about what you observed and why. Conclude by suggesting ways the process could be improved upon and/or drawing lessons that could be applied to other processes, if little improvement is needed. Include at least three citations from different chapters in the class readings to support claims made. Aim to write about 1,500 to 2,000 words. Points are given as follows:
• Includes 3 citations from the class readings: 10 points
• Discusses broader planning process that activity is part of: 10 points
• Describes dynamics among participants: 10 points
• Describes techniques used: 15 points
• Assesses strengths and weaknesses of techniques: 20 points
• Addresses what found most surprising: 10 points
• Includes suggestions or lessons learned: 15 points
• Grammatical correctness and clarity: 10 points
Total 100 points
Unlike most other websites we deliver what we promise;
- Our Support Staff are online 24/7
- Our Writers are available 24/7
- Most Urgent order is delivered with 6 Hrs
- 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.
GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.