Assignment 5: Contract Cost and Documentation for the Navy
Based on the same scenario as in Assignments 1, 2, 3 and 4, you are now considering the final factors needed for your proposal based on RFP #123456789, dated 07/14/2014.
My business name : Shirley Lagat, Inc.
Service to sell: Specialty coating, the application of the coating, and a regular maintenance schedule.
Employees : Consists of you, one office assistant, and two production employees.
Additional factors to consider are:
1. The other local competitor has removed their name from consideration and has requested to become your company?s sub-contractor due to your company?s patent on the specialty coating.
2. Your existing floor equipment is dated. However, you have learned that the Navy base has floor equipment which is not currently being used.
Write a seven (7) page paper in which you:
1. Thoroughly determine the payment type (i.e., receiving progress payments, performance-based payments, or partial payments) you will use in your bid. Provide a rationale for your response.
2. Thoroughly determine the approach and the key terms that you would consider in requesting the use of the Navy?s floor equipment. Provide a rationale for your response.
3. Thoroughly propose the quality control and inspection procedures that you believe should be included in your proposal. Provide a rationale for your response.
4. Thoroughly determine, because of your company?s private patent on the specialty floor coating, whether the Navy would or would not have a patent infringement objection for the use of the coating. Provide a rationale for your response.
5. Thoroughly determine the mechanism for contract closeout your company would use with the Navy. Provide a rationale for your response.
6. Use at least five (5) quality references Note: Wikipedia and other related websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
? Describe the nature of government contracting, including authority, responsibilities, and legal considerations.
? Outline and explain the process for developing competitive proposals and source selection.
? Explain the process for administering and evaluating contract performance.
? Explain the various mechanisms for contract closeout.
? Use technology and information resources to research issues in federal acquisition and contract management.
? Write clearly and concisely about federal acquisition and contract management using proper writing mechanics.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
? Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
? Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student?s name, the professor?s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.