Sociocultural Issues in Early Childhood
1. Provide an introduction stating the importance of the sociocultural issue and why you were interested in the topic.
2. Describe the issue referencing theories to explain its significance in terms of child development.
3. Discuss the issue from the perspective of UAE culture and compare it to perspectives of another culture.
4. What are some possible recommendations that you may provide with regard to this issue as it relates to strategies you may apply within your family, community, and school/classroom experiences.
5. The presentation should include visuals depicting the issue.
6. The classroom presentation should be approximately 10 minutes.
7. The paper should be typed, double-spaced, one-inch margins, 12 pt. font, and should be no more/less than 4 pages in length (not including title page and references).
8. Cite the sources of theories, terms, concepts, ideas where appropriate in the text and in the reference list at the end of the paper, using APA referencing style
you must meet :
Paper thoroughly addresses issue, referencing theories and classroom applications to explain its significance to child development.
Paper thoroughly addresses the issue and makes numerous applications as it relates to the UAE culture.
Paper thoroughly addresses comparison to that of another culture giving numerous examples.
Paper thoroughly addresses recommendations towards influencing change and positively effecting children’s development.
Few if any errors and paper is well organized and carefully written.
All sources cited to support claims. Paper meets APA standards.
Presenters engage the class and provide relevant research-based information.