1. Read the call-of-the-question carefully, and follow the instructions for each subject. Prepare four briefing papers using the APA format for research papers, and upload them as one document for your response.
Briefing Paper 1: Critical Legal ThinkingAT LEAST 200 WORDS
o Read Bruesewitz v. Wyeth LLC� Cheeseman text page 88
o Read the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution
o Respond to the three Case Questions found in Cheeseman Text page 89
o Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions as noted in the Critical Legal Thinking, Ethics, and Contemporary Business questions. Argue both sides of all issues.
1. Critical legal thinking What would be the consequences if there were not a Supermacy Clause in the U.S. Constitution?
2. Ethics Did Wyeth act ethically in denying liability in this case?
3. Contemporary Busuness What are the positive consequences of the enactment of the NCVIA? Are there any negative consequences?
2. Briefing Paper 2: Law Case with AnswersAT LEAST 200 WORDS
o Read Reno, Attorney General of the Unites States v. Condon, Attorney General of South Carolina – Cheeseman text page 104
o Read the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution
o Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions on whether the Federal Government has a Constitutional right to control commerce of a State Government. Provide your reasoning � your readers are interested in your opinions and not interested in what the Court thinks. Argue both sides of all issues.
3. Briefing Paper 3: Critical Legal Thinking CasesAT LEAST 200 WORDS
o Read Sections 5.1 Supremacy Clause; (p. 104) 6.2 Duty and Causation; (p. 127) 7.2 Search and Seizure; (p. 152); 8.4 Copyright (p. 177); and 5.6 Commercial Speech (p. 105-106)
o Check the decisions of the highest appellate courts for each fact pattern.
o Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions on whether each of the four subjects affect business in the United States and if so, provide the worst and best case scenarios.
4. Briefing Paper 4: Ethics CaseAT LEAST 200 WORDS
o Read Section 5.9 Ethics� Cheeseman text page 106
o Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions on the 3 questions found at the end of Section 5.9. Argue both sides of all issues.
o CASE QUESTIONS
1. What is eminent domain ?
2. Is it socially responsible for a professional sports team to move from one city to another? What are the economic and other consequences of such a move?
3. Can the City of Oakland acquire the Raiders through eminent domain? Why? Or why not?